"Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world" Nelson Mandela

Wednesday 26 February 2014

CURATOR FARMER


Good night everyone,

This is Ana Sánchez, this week T8T Curator Farmer. Another week is passing and we are finishing our third-week tasks and making amends for our old task errors... It´s hard to be wrong, but it is not just a saying that you may learn from your mistakes. I hope that we truly learn from ours.

From February 17 to 24 we have been working on Creative Common Licensing and Presentation creating and, as a curator farmer, I have had to pay attention to the way of referring every piece of information that we were using. It is usual for me (as for almost every student) to keep a file with the pages and the information related to my works, but this time I have had to be much more accurate... Yes, APA style is complicating things a little bit! But I think it´s a complete way of attributing works and letting others check the sources you found, so let´s use it! 

I have tried to compile all the information and references in our rising Pearltree, but don´t worry, I will check it from time to time to add whatever could be missing! I´m glad I have had the curator farmer´s role this CCL-week, because attribution and referencing are quite close terms, and  I have learnt both by reading about them and by practicing when referencing. I have also added a file with a reference list for APA Style, and an interesting video from slideshare by Gimenez, E. (2014). I hope all these materials are useful for you.

Here you have the access to our blossoming PearlTree. Enjoy it!

Ana Mª Sánchez, T8T Curator Farmer.



No comments:

Post a Comment